At HH | Paros, our priority is the safety and well-being of our guests and employees. Following the declaration of the coronavirus (COVID-19) a pandemic on March 12, we would like to extend our warmest thoughts to the people who have been affected by this unfortunate event and our deepest appreciation to the healthcare workers and local communities who are fighting against the virus.
We are doing everything we can to provide the safest accommodation to you, as we are closely monitoring the latest developments, standards and protocols related to COVID-19 issued by the World Health Organization (WHO), the Greek government, the Ministry of Health, local health agencies and public health officials. All is in place to keep your health and safety top of mind.
Below is an update of our plans for the next period of time, subject to adjustment given ongoing and unforeseeable changes.
OUR COMMITMENT TO HEALTH & SAFETY
Considering the health and safety of our guests and staff as our top priority, we assure you that our integrated Health and Safety plan foresees all measures, specifications and procedures across all hotel departments to address the new COVID-19 and any disease that can transmitted in the community, in accordance to the World Health Organisation, the Greek Ministry of Health and local authorities:
Operation at low occupancy to ensure proper distancing
Strict room cleaning & disinfection protocols before each new arrival
Laundry is done onsite as to avoid any contact with others outside the premises.
Intensified cleaning & disinfection across all high-volume touch-points
Social distancing specifications in recreational areas
Simple & fast check-in / check-out procedures
Ongoing training for our staff
In addition to these measures, please visit Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to learn more about what you can do to travel more safely.
PAROS & COVID-19
Paros has extensively been preparing for welcoming tourists during the summer while taking all the appropriate measures seen below:
1. Paros is the first island that has acquired and is operating its own molecular Covid test machine, so it can detect potential cases within 45 minutes.
2. Paros Health Center and the Antiparos Regional Clinic are being strengthened with medical equipment worth a total of 200,000 euros.
3. The Municipality managed to collect sponsorships from individuals with a total value of 287,000 euros for the treatment of Covid-19.
4. The Municipality through the Port Fund completes the construction of a central oxygen production unit.
5. The Municipality of Paros donated to EKAB two capsules / stretchers for the airtight safe transport of sick patients.